On-Line HVAC Chiller Tube CleaningATCS-HVAC conserves the heat exchange efficiency of condenser tubes of water cooled air conditioning chillers by maintaining the condenser tubes free of fouling. Rubber balls are recirculated at set time intervals to capture deposits accumulated in the condenser tubes.
Fouling in the chiller’s condenser tubes is a costly problem
- Energy consumption spikes: as little as 0.3mm of dirt in the chiller’s condenser tubes increases energy consumption by 10% or more..
- Environment is affected: Greenhouse gases are released to the atmosphere.
- Profits drop: expenses increase due to extra energy consumption and repeated tube cleaning.
- Conventional tube cleaning cleaning methods are temporary, expensive, cumbersome and progressively inefficient.
Advantages of ATCS-HVAC over conventional systems
- Cost-effective: maximizes chiller efficiency for multiplied savings in operation, manpower and energy – up to 25% savings in the chiller’s annual operation cost.
- Environmentally safe: uses no chemicals, produces no hazardous waste.
- Continual operation: works while the chiller is on.
- Automatic: computer-timed cleaning with no need for intervention.
- Reliable: high-performance parts.
- Efficient: one ATCS-HVAC installation can handle an entire facility.
- Measurable savings: reliably measure savings with installation of the optional Integrated Performance Tracker.
How ATCS WorksCQM’s ATCS is installed on the chiller’s condenser and keeps tubes clean without human intervention. The system periodically injects into the tubes sponge balls that are slightly larger in diameter then the tubes themselves. The natural pressure head pushes the balls through the tube, which is thus rubbed clean. The balls are then trapped in the outlet of the heat exchanger, where they are prepared for the next cleaning cycle. Typical comercial installations take less than 25 man hours, and requires only 8 hours of process shutdown. Trapping units are available in a variety of shapes and flow configurations to accommodate piping routes design and available space for installation.
- Dedicated software that monitors HVAC system performance in real-time.
- Fully automatic data collection.
- Remote access allows monitoring from anywhere via a web link.
- Analysis to quantify savings in energy, operational costs, ROI, pollutants toxic waste, and more.
- Report generation on environmental impact and energy use.
- Complies with requirements for ESCO savings validation.
- All features are user-friendly with a short learning curve.
SAMPLE DATA FROM PERFORMANCE TRACKER:
|Current Date and Time||5/23/07 18:53|
|Accumulative Time of ATCS operation – hrs||3,426|
|Chiller Capacity – T.R.||648|
|Compressor Power Consumption – kW||791|
|ENERGY EFFICIENCY DATA – since ATCS commissioning|
|Operation Cost Saving – USD||34,519|
|Maintenance Cost Saving – USD||11,020|
|Total Savings – USD||43,540|
|Average Annual Savings – USD||45,673|
|Total Energy Savings – kWh||407,550|
|ENVIRONMENT SECURING DATA – since ATCS commissioning|
|Deposits Cleaned – liters||57|
|CO2 Savings – ton||389|
|Chemical Savings – kg||176|
- Customizable cleaning schedules to optimize HVAC efficiency.
- Multi-tasking capacity can clean multiple HVACs with a single ATCS system on alternating cycles.
A turnkey solution – installed with minimal disruption
- The ATCS-HVAC integrates easily with any existing HVAC.
- Installation takes place while the HVAC is online, with only a brief shut-down to assemble the ball-trap unit and create the ball-injection opening.
- No need for ball-guiding vanes on the condenser inlet nozzle.
- Installed and operational in just a few hours.
ATCS-HVAC installations are operating in thousands of facilities, in dozens of countries around the world
- Office complexes
- Shopping malls
- Industrial refrigerators
- Industrial room control systems
Contact us for a free consultation
If you are looking for an effective tube cleaning solution for Trane, York, MacQuay, Carrier or any other water cooled chiller, ATCS-HVAC is the only solution that provides outstanding performance and a fast return on investment. Contact us to learn more about our solutions for maintaining your chiller clean, free of fouling.