Maintaining Steam Condenser Tubes Clean
ATCS-Power Plants conserves the heat exchange efficiency of steam condensers by maintaining the condenser tubes free of fouling. Rubber balls are recirculated at set time intervals to capture deposits accumulated in the condenser tubes.
How ATCS Works
The CQM ATCS is installed on steam condensers and keeps tubes clean without human intervention. The system periodically injects into the tubes sponge balls that are slightly larger in diameter then the tubes themselves. The natural pressure head pushes the balls through the tube, which is thus rubbed clean. The balls are then trapped in the outlet of the condenser, where they are prepared for the next cleaning cycle.
Typical steam condenser installations take about 2 weeks, and require only a few days of process shutdown.
Trapping units are available in a variety of shapes and flow configurations to accommodate piping routes design and available space for installation.
CQM ATCS’ Main Advantages:
- Excellent cleaning: reaches all tubes, both central and peripheral.
- Simple design: delivering high reliability, rapid installation, and effortless maintenance.
- Wide range of sizes: suitable for a wide variety of heat exchangers.
- Better ball trapping mechanism: absolutely no balls lost.
- Accurate control of the cleaning process: customizable cleaning intervals provide high performance and minimize balls’ wear.
CQM ATCS Benefits
- Tubes are kept clean at all times.
- Heat exchanger constantly works at maximum efficiency.
- No downtime for periodic maintenance
- No chemicals and residues disposal hassle.
- Simple maintenance through continuous, automatic cleaning.
- Extends system service period.
- Innovative design delivers high reliability and simple integration.
ATCS vs. Manual Off-line Cleaning
|CQM ATCS||MANUAL OFF-LINE CLEANING|
at maximum efficiency.
decreases between treatments.
|SHUTDOWN||No shutdown normally.
|Requires shutdown for cleaning.|
|DISPOSAL HASSLE||No chemicals.
|Cleaning chemicals & residues
harmful to environment.
|High due to performance
monitoring & manual cleaning.
Contact us for a free consultation
If you are looking for an effective tube cleaning solution to maintain the heat exchange of your steam condenser, ATCS-Power Plants is the only solution that provides outstanding performance and a fast return on investment. Contact us for a free consultation.