Environmentally Friendly Automatic Water Treatment and Filtering for Cooling Towers
CQM’s SRCT-LS Cooling Tower Automatic Water Treatment System, employs the latest technologies to provide a cost effective, environmentally friendly solution that maintains cooling towers clean, free of scale and bio-fouling.
SRCT-LS implements electrolytic technology that delivers electrodeposition of salts and carbonates, electrochlorination and electro-oxidation, which combine with a high efficiency filtering system and PLC control to provide superior water treatment results in comparison to chemical treatment.
SRCT-LS Electrolytic Chamber Operation
In the electrolytic chamber of the SRCT-LS system, a large area cathode creates an alkaline environment with high pH, and facilitates the electrodeposition of salts and carbonates at the bottom of the chamber.
The anode’s coating and geometry elicit chemical electro-oxidation reactions at the anode’s surface, and induce electrochlorination from reactions derived from the electrolytes present in the water. The hydrocyclone structure of the chamber and the PLC-controlled water flow and timing ensure that all water is treated.
Save up to 100% of blow-down water
SRCT-LS-maintained towers can operate at more than twice the cycles of concentration of dissolved solids allowed by chemical treatment, saving up to 80% of blow-down water. These savings can be extended up to 100%, since water contains no chemicals and thus blow-down water can be re-used for irrigation or general services.
Improve cooling tower efficiency and save electricity
SRCT-LS automatic and continuous water treatment, reduces scaling and helps control solids that accumulate in the fill of the towers, helping improve the ΔT of the cooling water passing through the tower, and saving up to 5% in electricity consumption of chillers connected to the water circuit.
Prevent corrosion and eliminate bacteria and microorganisms
SRCT-LS increases the pH of the water to 8.2-8.7, and uses the chemical reactions caused by electrolysis to produce oxidants with powerful bactericide effect, preventing corrosion and eliminating bacteria and microorganisms.
- Automatic and reliable turnkey system.
- Continuously cleans the basin water, removing dirt and deposits.
- Avoids the need of chemical treatment and dosing equipment.
- Saves up to 80% of the blow-down water.
- 100% of blow-down water can be re-used for irrigation or services.
- High performance sand filter cleans water and capture solids.
- Automatic self-cleaning to remove accumulated dirt and scale.
- Controls and kills bacteria, prevents growth of algae.
- Operation of the tower at up to 4500 µs/cm without forming scale.
- Creates an alkaline pH environment that prevents corrosion.
- Configurable according to the existing water quality.
- Requires no additives or consumables.
- Low operating and maintenance costs.
- Robust long life.
- Absolutely environmentally safe.
- Optional automatic bleed control.
- Optional configuration for alternated cleaning of the closed circuit.
Thousands of satisfied customers around the world have installed SRCT-LS systems to provide automatic and continuous water treatment to cooling towers operating in:
- Office complexes
- Shopping malls
- Government buildings
Description and Data Sheet